Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Bites of thanks


Renée – you are getting teeth. Surely!? A pearly white had best produce itself soon to account for the unending strand of newborn-ish nights, runny nose, and drool covered onesies.
I just went to Walgreens and splurged on anything teething comfortish. You'd think I know what works after three kids. Instead, I had a fellow sweatpanted mom pulling her favorite trick off the shelf.
At breakfast, Davis pointed to our kitchen chalkboard to read Psalm 50:23, "He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God." 
So I explained "sacrifice" to Davis. From the sliding scale of giving up the last chocolate milk (if it comes to that) to Jesus giving his life for us. 
Then I made myself say out loud five things I'm thankful for. Once I got started it came easily. So in Ann Voskamp style, I will do my best to continue to pave the road for salvation today. 






No comments: